Awareness Campaign 2015-2017
The European Agenda aims to raise awareness for adults on the importance of lifelong learning, and increase their participation in educational activities. Its aim is to improve the quality and effectiveness of education and training provided, and broaden access to education for low-skilled population groups. Within the framework of the actions for the two years 2016-2017 period there were 13 awareness raising meetings in the 13 regions of the country.
The structure of the action is based on the cooperation of public and social actors in order to ensure a bottom-up approach of Adult Learning. Furthermore, it operates at national and local level involving public bodies, local and regional authorities, workers' unions, civil society and general local authorities.
In particular, workshops were organized in which the stakeholders sought joint actions in order to:
- increase adult participation in Lifelong Learning programs
- link education to the needs of local society and the labor market
- enhance the implementation of programs relating to literacy, numeracy and new technologies
- keep people with low skills permanently informed about programs that will allow them to upgrade their knowledge and skills but also their personal development.
During the meetings the participants dealt with the following questions:
- Which actions in the Region were in relation to Lifelong Learning?
- Do you think there is coordination among those implementing LLL programs?
- Where does the citizen, who wants to be informed about Lifelong Learning, seek help?
- How do you detect the needs of your citizens?
- Has there been any recording of these needs with respect to Lifelong Learning?
- With which mechanisms do you approach vulnerable social groups?